On-campus: Franklin House offers B&B-style rooms on campus (five minutes walk from the Conference location). Prices start from £58 and you can book directly here: Franklin House
Off-campus (between City Centre and University): There are several reasonably-priced (mostly between £60-70/night) guest houses within a 15-20 minute walk to the University (most of them also within a 5-minute bus ride along Heslington Rd. via the 66 bus), but early booking is also recommended for these:
1. Four-Poster Lodge (Heslington Road): http://www.fourposterlodge.co.uk
2. Stay City Aparthotels (York Paragon Street): https://www.staycity.com/york/
3. Victoria Hotel, The Old Brewery, (Heslington Rd.): http://www.victoriahotelyork.co.uk/
4. Barbican House & Conway Cottage: https://live.high-level-software.com/hotels/barbican
5. Bull Lodge Guest House (from £30, GBP cash only): http://www.bulllodge.co.uk
6. Travelodge Hotel – York Central (from £58)
York City-Centre: The beautiful, historic city centre of York, (about a 15-minute bus ride or 30-minute walk to the University) offers many accommodation options and attractions.
For more options, see York Tourist Office website or you may prefer to explore accommodation booking websites such as Booking.com, Laterooms.com, and AirBnB.